1. Who are we?
Volt Europa (Vox Europe A.S.B.L.) is a progressive political movement aiming to revolutionize politics by means of gaining influence in local, national and European parliaments with the goal of making the European Union more inclusive and democratic. It is a transnational, pan-European movement.
We at Volt respect the privacy of its relations, whether they are contacts, team members, supporters, volunteers or simply visitors of this website.
Volt is aware of the trust given by those who submit their data to us, and are committed to protecting it.
email@example.com or the DPO Mariano delli Santi firstname.lastname@example.org
This statement was last edited on 25.05.2018 and is meant to inform you about the data we collect about you when using this website and the data we process when you join or support our movement, and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting and disclosing that information. This Privacy Statement applies to the data collected by us, or those working on our behalf, through information you enter or from the imported data from authorized and approved sources. It does not apply to data collected through means not approved by us.
3. What data do we collect from you and why?
1. The means by which we collect data from you
The following means may be used to collect your personal data and are covered by this statement:
- Email, text and other electronic messages between you and us;
- Mobile and desktop applications, which provide dedicated non-browser-based interaction between you and us;
- Which you provide to us, such as your name and e-mail address, if you register to become a member, supporter or volunteer or indicate you wish to receive information from us (including by “following,” “liking,” linking your account to our website, etc., on a third party website or network);
- Data which you provide to one of our representatives in person, by phone or written message;
2. The categories of the data we process from you and their purpose
We process from you:
- Email addresses: E-mail addresses entered on the sign-up form are used to provide applicants with information about their onboarding. Volt e-mail addresses assigned to team members are used for communication about their talents and interest to the greatest effect.
- Phone numbers: The applicant will be contacted by telephone call for their onboarding. The number may also be used for quick communication to organize activities for the movement.
- Background information pertaining to education, profession, skills and interest: As part of an application for a status as volunteer or team member, background information can be submitted to help the applicant find a proper place within the movement and use their talents and interest to the greatest effect.
- Address and country of residence: Used to determine the national team an applicant needs to be assigned to and so they may receive information relevant to their country or region. The country will also be used to determine the standard language of communication for a member.
- Preferred language of communication: Volt may register an alternative to the language set by the country of residence on the request of the applicant.
- Motivation about joining Volt
3. The grounds and purpose on which we process it
Volt Europa and its national and local chapters process personal data in order to:
- Deliver our newsletter, provided that you have subscribed to it;
- Manage your subscription to our movement our our channels;
- Receive your donations, and keep the account of our finances;
Legal grounds for the processing are art. 6.1(a) of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 or, when in performance of a legal duty, 6.1(c) of the Regulation therein, in particular
4. Retention of your information
Your personal data will only be processed and stored by Volt for as long as you remain attached to the movement (while you are a supporter, volunteer or team member), or while you consent persist (if you are subscribed to our newsletter), and will be erased without undue delay, unless a legal claim or obligation that VOLT needs to comply with specifies otherwise.
5. Your rights in regards to your information
Volt acknowledges your right to review, amend or erase (the latter with reservation to any contractual or legal obligation residing with Volt) the personal data we process in regard to you. If you wish to exercise these rights or have any questions about the way we process your data, please contact us at:
email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Take note that information may only be erased after it is no longer relevant to Volt under the purposes specified in this statement.
According to art. 77 of Regulation (EU) 2016/679, you also have the right to lodge a complaint to the national supervising authority of the State of your habitual residence.
6. Third countries
Personal data may be stored on servers within the United States (designated as a safe country by the Privacy Shield Frameworks) as part of a cloud based data-storage service. Appropriate Service Level Agreements have been signed between VOLT Europe and these Service Providers (NationBuilder by 3dna Corp, G Suite for Education by Google LLC), in order to ensure their compliance with the EU law and the effective exercise of your rights.
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website, including, but not limited to, traffic data, geolocation data, logs and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system and browser type.
The information we collect automatically is statistical data and may include Personal Information, but we may maintain it or associate it with Personal Information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including, but not limited to, by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize and improve our Website.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include cookies, flash cookies, web beacons, pixel tracking, GIF and/or IP address. Each of these is discussed below.
Cookies (Or browser cookies)
A cookie is a small file placed on the hard drive of your computer or mobile device. It may contain certain data, including, but not limited to: the name of the server that has placed it there, an identifier in the form of a unique number, and, an expiration date (some cookies only). Cookies are managed by the web browser on your computer (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari or Google Chrome).
Different types of cookies which have different purposes are used on our Website.
These cookies are essential to allow you to browse our Website and use its functions. Without them, services such as shopping baskets and electronic invoicing would not be able to work.
These cookies collect information on the use of our Website, such as which pages are consulted most often. This information enable us to optimize our Website and simplify browsing. Performance cookies also enable our affiliates and partners to find out whether you have accessed one of our websites from their site and whether your visit has led to the use or purchase of a product or service from our Website, including the references for the product or service purchased. These cookies do not collect any information which could be used to identify you. All the information collected is aggregated, and therefore anonymous.
These cookies enable our Website to remember the choices you have made when browsing. For example, we can store your geographical location in a cookie so that the Website corresponding to your area is shown. We can also remember your preferences, such as the text size, font and other customizable aspects of the Website. Functionality cookies may also be able to keep track of the products or videos consulted to avoid repetition. The information collected by these cookies cannot be used to identify you and cannot monitor your browsing activity on sites which do not belong to us.
It is possible that you will comes across third-party cookies on some pages of sites that are not under our control.
Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from and on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies.
Pages of our the Website and our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs. pixel tags and single-pixel gifs) that permit us, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
In addition to using Cookies, the Website may employ “pixel tracking”, a common process which may be used in connection with advertisements on other sites. Pixel tracking involves the use of pixel tags that are not visible to the user and consist of a few lines of computer code. Pixel tracking measures the effectiveness of advertisements and compiles aggregate and specific usage statistics. A “pixel tag” is an invisible tag placed on certain pages of websites that is used to track an individual user’s activity. We may access these pixel tags to identify activity and interests that may allow us to better match our goods, services, and other offers with your interests and needs. For example, if you visit our Website from an advertisement on another website, the pixel tag will allow the advertiser to track that its advertisement brought you to the Website. If you visit our Website, and we link you to another website, we may also be able to determine that you were sent to and/or transacted with a third-party website. This data is collected for use in our marketing and research.
We may use tiny images known as clear GIFs to track behavior of users, including statistics on who opens our emails.
Our servers automatically record certain log file information reported from your browser when you access the Services. These server logs may include information such as which pages of the Service you visited, your internet protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, and other information on how you interact with the Services. These log files are generally deleted after one week.
Financial information connected to payments may be collected or stored by a third-party payment processor and payment is subject to their terms and policies.
We use the NationBuilder™ platform to organize our community of members, supporters and prospects. You can read more about that company and its features and policies at NationBuilder.com. When you visit our Website, NationBuilder may send one or more cookies - a small text file containing a string of alphanumeric characters - to your computer that uniquely identifies your browser and lets NationBuilder help you log in faster and enhance your navigation through our Website. A cookie does not collect personal information about you. A persistent cookie remains on your hard drive after you close your browser. Persistent cookies may be used by your browser on subsequent visits to the site. Persistent cookies can be removed by following your web browser’s directions. A session cookie is temporary and disappears after you close your browser. You can reset your web browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, some features of our Website may not function properly if the ability to accept cookies is disabled.
If opted in during the sign-up process, or if you subscribe by the appropriate subscription form, you will receive a biweekly newsletter on the European movement, (and optionally one on their national party if they become a team member and if one such newsletter is available) about developments, actualities, upcoming votes and activities.
Furthermore, data will be used to personalise the content of our newsletter directed to you (name and surname), its language (according to your choice), and you might be subscribed to your National Chapter newsletter, if we provide one.
By contacting us you can:
- Exercise your right to access and to rectify your data;
- You can ask us to erase your data;
- You can withdraw your consent. In this case you might also follow the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of your newsletter
When donating to VOLT Europe, we will retain, according to the mean you will use:
- The data you provided us through the dedicated form of our website;
- The data Paypal sends us about you, in order to process the payment;
- The data our bank provides us about your bank transfer.
These data will be used for accounting and erased as soon as our legal obligations allow us to do so. Furthermore, and in accordance to our Transparency Policy, if you donate us an amount exceeding the value of 10.000€, your name will be publicly disclosed together with the amount of your donation, after receiving your consent: if you don’t provide us consent, your donation will be returned to you.
If you donate through our form or paypal button embedded in our website, the Service Provider “NationBuilder”, run by 3dna Corp, will retain your name and the amount of your donation if you donate us through the services implemented in our website. Furthermore, we adopt the online and cloud services of G Suite for Education, run by Google LLC (to keep our accounts).
10. Signs Up
Your data will be collected and processed in order to
- conduct an interview with you, were we will assess your compatibility with the aim and political address of our movement;
- include you in our organisation, as a member or a volunteer, according to your choice;
- subscribe you to our collaborative tools and communication channels, and in particular to provide you a G Suite account and a corporate email address.
You can withdraw your consent at any time during the interview process or after the award of your membership status, as well as exercise your right of access, rectification and erasure, by contacting us.
We keep a list of our members in our cloud document management system, where access by unauthorised users is prevented by the use of encryption of the cloud service provider and the management of its access rights by our admins.
Our online and cloud services adopted to handle your personal information are the Service Provider “NationBuilder”, run by 3dna Corp, and G Suite for Education, run by Google LLC.
11. Security Measures
All personal information you provide to us is stored on the secure servers of our service providers. Our service providers are adopting encryption and the use of firewalls in order to protect the confidentiality of your data, while we prevent the unlawful disclosure of your data to third persons by providing access only to authorised people, on a need to know basis.
Further information on the security measures adopted by our service providers ca be found here: